Friday, June 5, 2009

Aztec Grill

The pressure was on- we had an incredibly small window between chores and social obligation, and our cupboards were as bare as old Mother Hubbard’s. No time to shop, no time to wait, we cruised up Broadway, desperately wracking our brains for a place to get a cheap and quick bite, without resorting to actual fast food. My husband, quick thinker that he is, pulled into the Chevron gas station. Of course! No, not corn chips and a soda- a quesadilla for me and burrito for my darling, please.
Aztec Grill was just what we needed that evening. Their rice is usually dry, and the beans are mediocre, but I always like the main dish. Tacos, burritos, quesadillas, are all just fine for an inexpensive, quick bite. And, as far as I can tell, they’re all the same. I stop at the one in Willits on road trips, and I used to stop at the Trinidad one for their ready-made breakfast burrito when I worked in that direction.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s no gourmet Mexican hacienda, but reliable, fast, and much better than the usual “fast food”.

No comments:

Post a Comment