Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gallagher's Irish Pub & Restaurant

You know how you get a song stuck in your head, and you can’t stop thinking about it until you hear it? Well, that happens to me with meals too. Recently, the food that got stuck in my head was fish and chips. Who better to help me out than Gallagher's!
I always enjoy a visit to Old Town’s Irish pub. I know I’m going to get good food in good quantities, and Guinness on tap. The regular fish and chips are a great stand-by, and recently they had their Halibut version available. It’s a few bucks more, but worth it in my book.
Mmmm…halibut…
OK, I’m back. I’ve gotten through most of their menu over the years, and almost every meal has been flavorful and satisfying. This is where I was going to list some of the items I’ve tried, but it’d be easier if you just check out the menu yourself. I know there have been a few times that I’ve been mildly disappointed with the food, or the service has been slow- but that’s been over the course of 10 years or better. As far as I’m concerned, everyone gets an off night or two. I still look forward to trying something new, or falling back on an old favorite.
They have a great Irish theme without getting gimmicky. The atmosphere is welcoming, the service friendly. They have a full bar, but I’ll be honest, I’ve only had the Guinness. For non-alcoholic drinks (sometimes, it’s my turn to drive), they have one of the best lemonades I’ve had in a restaurant. They’ve recently upgraded the seating in the back to bigger, comfier chairs.
If the subtle Gaelic overtone just isn’t enough for you, be sure to stop by on Thursdays, when they bring out a special menu and live Irish music. My favorite from that menu is the Shepherd’s Pie. And of course, it’s a great place to go for St. Patty’s Day.

Entrees range from $9 -$25.
At the Eagle House, 139 2nd St, Eureka

2 comments:

  1. We noticed a Gallaghers in Ocean Shores, WA, but we didn't get to try it. Assume it is one og a chain. How's the corn beef hash? Good work on the blog Doranna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this one is part of a chain, though I'm not 100% certain. I haven't had hash there- and I didn't see it on the take home menu I grabbed. They do have a Rueben that's gotten a thumbs up from my hubby. Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete